Goal Statement: Mason Public Schools will proactively focus on robust and bold practices that connect students to their learning in order to prioritize and provide a barrier-free, successful education.
Objective 1: Mason Public Schools will build an intentional culture that generates systems and strategies to increase authentic engagement by promoting positive perspectives toward self and others that will establish healthy relationships.
- Improve access for students and staff to behavioral and social emotional supports at all three tiers.
- Refine systematic Social Emotional Learning programming throughout the district.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive school counseling program prekindergarten-12th grade, addressing the mental health, social emotional, and personal needs of students.
Objective 2: Mason Public Schools will build structural support systems and strategies that proactively identify and address individual and collective student needs equitably.
- Review and formalize the district’s Multi-tiered System of Supports (MTSS).
- Formalize procedures for supporting students, including information for families on how to connect with resources inside and outside of the district, to address various inequities.
Objective 3: Mason Public Schools will build leadership opportunities, cultural awareness, and community partnerships that will provide students and staff with a platform of engagement in 21st century learning.
- Update, develop, and implement media literacy programs throughout the district, prekindergarten-12th grade.
- Understand and support community diversity and culture, including continued equity and inclusion efforts.
- Develop and implement service-based learning environments to increase student engagement and provide students, prekindergarten-12th grade, the opportunity to give back to the community.