Curriculum & Instruction
The Curriculum Department, with direction from the district's vision and mission, serves to advance knowledge and the practice of teaching and learning for all staff and students at Mason Public Schools.
Out of District School of Choice
Mason Public Schools participates in the Out-of-District Schools of Choice provision as stated in Section 105 and 105c of the State School Aid Act. Under the law, districts must first advertise the number of openings available in each grade. A 15-day window follows to allow for applications to be submitted. For additional information please contact Mason's Curriculum Office at (517) 676-6490.
Criteria for applying for Out-of-District Schools of Choice:
- Students who have been accepted under the Out-of-District Schools of Choice provision in previous years do not need to reapply each year. Once accepted, students are approved for attendance through graduation as long as their enrollment is continuous.
- Applicants must reside in an intermediate school district that is contiguous with Ingham Intermediate School District.
- First preference will be given to students who moved out of the Mason Public School district during the previous school year and for siblings of current Out-of-District Schools of Choice students.
- Grades for which there are more applicants than available openings will be filled through a random lottery.
- Mason Public Schools may refuse an application if the applicant has been suspended or expelled from another school district within the last two years.
Notification of application status will be communicated to the parent/guardian within 2 weeks of the deadline date.
In an effort to make sure that every child in the Mason Public School District has an opportunity to receive a free and appropriate education, we are encouraging community members within Mason to help us identify homeless families that have children ages 3-18 that may not be attending school.
The Mason Public School District is attempting to reach out to these families in order to assist them in obtaining food and shelter, and to facilitate the process to enroll their children in school.
If you know of such a family, please call the Mason Public Schools Homeless Liaison at (517) 676-6490.
Thank you for your assistance in helping homeless families in our community.
New Teacher Learning Academy
For information and forms, please visit Mason's New Teacher Learning Academy.