The Food Service Department provides balanced breakfast and lunch to all the Districts' students.
A choice of 1% low fat white and chocolate milk is offered each day with meals. School lunch consists of five components: meat/meat alternate, fruit, vegetable, bread, and milk. Many times our main entree consists of two components. Menus are subject to change due to availability of products.
2022-2023 School Year
Mason Public Schools serves breakfast, lunch, and offers free and reduced meal programs. At the secondary level, a la carte options and second main entrees are available and not covered in this program. See a la carte price list below.
Elementary Breakfast $2.00, Reduced Breakfast $.30
Elementary Lunch $3.00, Reduced Lunch $.40
Secondary Breakfast $2.25, Reduced Breakfast $.30
Secondary Lunch $3.25, Reduced Lunch $.40
As you know, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. As your child’s educational facility, we know that hungry children cannot learn. As the first steps toward addressing this issue, we serve breakfast at all Mason Public Schools. Breakfast is served before school at different locations in each building. A school breakfast is made up of three components, which are defined as one serving of fruit, one serving of milk and one equivalent grain/bread. Hot and cold breakfast served throughout the week.
Mason High School: Breakfast served 7:00 am – 7:45 am
Mason Middle School: Breakfast served 7:25 am – 7:35 am
Harvey Education Center: Breakfast served 8:25 am – 8:50 am
Alaiedon Elementary: Breakfast served 8:30 am – 9:00 am
North Aurelius Elementary: Breakfast served: 8:20 am – 9:00 am
Steele Elementary: Breakfast served: 8:25 am – 8:40 am
Breakfast is served in several stations near the entrance so students can grab and go upon entry of the building.
e~Funds for Schools, Electronic Payments
Parents, guardians, and others can now make payments for children's meals and high school athletics using e~Funds for Schools.
You must register for an e~funds for schools account in order to use this service. When asked to enter a family number, enter your 10-digit phone number with no parentheses or dashes (e.g. 5175551234). After entering your phone number, please click on the add button.
Please contact E-Funds Customer Support at 1-866-770-5856 if you have any problems setting up your e~Funds for Schools account.
Additional e~Funds Information
Payments can be made by an electronic withdrawal from your checking account, savings account or debit card, or charged to your credit card.
e~Funds for Schools charges a small fee for processing your payments. Payments made from a checking or savings account will incur a fee of $1.00 per transaction. Payments made using a debit or credit card will incur a fee of $1.00 per transaction plus 1.99% of the amount paid.
For checking accounts and savings accounts, the payment must be posted by 9:30 a.m. to be credited for the same day. Credit card and debit card payments must be posted by 11:00 p.m. the day prior to its posting. Any payments after these times will not be posted until the following business day.
Food Service and High School Athletics accounts are set up as family accounts. Therefore, payments will be applied based on your family arrangement. Unless otherwise designated, payments can be applied to any student in the family, which will allow other siblings to have access to the funds. You can check your family food service balance through your Skyward Family Access account.
Please call (517) 676-6529 or stop by the Food Service office located in the high school for assistance if you have any questions regarding your food service account.
Please call (517) 676-6535 or stop by the Athletics Office located in the high school for assistance if you have any questions regarding the payment of athletics fees.
Free & Reduced Meal Applications
Every School Year, after July 1st, your household needs to complete the Free and Reduced-Price Meal Application if you believe your Household will qualify based on the Federal Income Eligibility Guidelines.
This can be accomplished 1 of 3 different ways:
1) Through your Skyward Family Access account under: Food Service, Application.
2) You can complete a paper Free & Reduced Meal Program Application. Completed applications must be returned to the school at:
Mason Food Service Office
1001 S. Barnes St.
Mason, MI 48854 or email Jennifer Grew
- Applications must be filled out completely. Please read it carefully and fill in ALL information as asked for. Applications will not be processed until the form has all information boxes filled out.
- Free & Reduced Lunch applications can be submitted anytime during the school year as the need arises. Please see below on how to apply.
We are asking that you please complete and submit the application as soon as possible to ensure additional funding for our school is available to meet the needs of our students. All information on the application is confidential. Without your assistance in completing and returning the application, Mason Public Schools cannot maximize the use of available State and Federal funds.
If we can be of further assistance, please contact Chris Salmon, Food Service Director, or call (517) 676-6529.
Why still apply?
This information is CRITICAL in determining the amount of money that Mason Public Schools receives from a variety of State and Federal supplemental programs like Title I, At-Risk (31a), Title II A, E-Rate, etc. These supplemental programs have the potential to offer supports and services for our students including, but not limited to:
- Instructional Supports (Staff, Supplies, Materials, etc.)
- Non-Instructional Supports (Counseling, Social Work, Health Services, etc.)
- Professional Learning for Staff
- Parent and Community Engagement Supplies and Activities
Family Accounts for Food Service Payments
In the event a breakfast/lunch account becomes negative, Food Service will print a negative balance account statement. These statements will be mailed home for secondary students and sent home in Friday Folders with elementary students.
Food Service accounts for students in the same family/household are set up as a Family Account, so families may receive duplicate statements for elementary and secondary students. Please note if you receive a duplicate statement that it does NOT mean you owe the negative balance multiple times. The negative balance is to be paid ONE time to the Family Account.
You may fund your Family Account in the following ways:
- By mailed check Attention: Mason Public Schools - Food Service - 1001 S. Barnes St. Mason, MI 48854
- By cash or check sent with your student(s). Please place payment in an envelope labeled "Food Service" to give to the school cashier while going through the lunch line to deposit on the Family Account.
- By dropping off payment in building mailboxes near the office. Please place payment in an envelope labeled "Food Service".
- Taking payment directly to the Food Service Office (high school students only)
- By e-Fund deposit using a credit or debit card. The website for e-Fund accounts is https://payments.efundsforschools.com/v3/districts/55132 Follow website prompts and use the last four digits of your phone number on file with MPS as the PIN. Contact e-Funds customer service for assistance at 866-770-5856 or email@example.com
Special Dietary Statement