In July, the planned safety measures for the Return to School this fall were shared with staff and families. Since that time, transmission rates have risen in Ingham County. Today at the Board of Education meeting, the Board voted to require face masks in district buildings during school hours for all students, staff and visitors regardless of vaccination status. This will take effect Tuesday, August 24. This is in addition to the previous requirement for all students and staff to wear masks on school buses and public transportation. Social distancing and class cohorts will continue to be encouraged when possible.
Daily health screenings will remain a requirement for students and staff who enter District buildings. Symptoms you should screen for include: a fever over 100.4, sore throat, new or worsening cough, shortness of breath, new loss of taste or smell and/or exposure to a confirmed case of COVID-19. Students who are ill or COVID-19 positive must remain home. Please follow the normal routine for reporting absences.
We have several other strategies in place to minimize the transmission of COVID-19. These include: HVAC upgrades, increased ventilation where possible, regular hand washing and the use of hand sanitizer, and regular cleaning of buildings.
Impact of Future Cases
Mason Public Schools will address any confirmed cases of COVID-19 at the classroom and building level using guidance from our health experts. This will allow the District to contain exposure to specific areas while minimizing impact on the full student and staff population.
Bulldog Virtual Academy (BVA)
Students interested in enrolling into our out of BVA, must contact your building offices by Friday, August 27. There is no guarantee space will be available and requests will be honored on a first-come first-serve basis.
Other important information regarding the Return to School can be found on the Enrollment page of the District’s website and included below.
- The first day for students is Wednesday, August 25. This day is a ½ day for all students.
- Elementary teacher assignments are available in Skyward now.
- Middle School and High School Freshman schedules are available in Skyward now.
- Transportation routing information has been communicated by mail, phone call, or email. If you have not heard from them, please call 517-676-6496.
- Open Houses:
- Harvey Education Center - Tuesday, August 24, 2021 - 5:00 to 6:00 p.m.
- Alaiedon, North Aurelius, and Steele Elementary - Tuesday, August 24, 2021 - 6:00 to 7:00 p.m.
- Mason Middle School - Tuesday, August 24, 2021 - 4:00 to 5:00 p.m.
- All Mason Public Schools students will receive one FREE breakfast and lunch per day during the 2021-22 school year. It is important that families still complete the Free and Reduced-Price Meal Application in Skyward to help Mason Public Schools receive state and federal funding.
Thank you for continuing to support our students and staff. We are looking forward to a wonderful school year.
-Mason Public Schools Administration