1001 S. Barnes St.
Mason, MI 48854
Phone: (517) 676-9055
Fax: (517) 244-6412
Welcome to the Mason High School Website!
In addition to the Calendar Dates, Quick Links, and News & Notes sections below, we hope you will follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay up-to-date on news and events at Mason High School.
Calendar Dates of Interest for 2021-2022
- Parent/Teacher Conferences - Tuesday, October 5, and Thursday, October 7
- Fall State Testing - Tuesday, October 26 through Thursday, October 28
- Fall Break - No School - Friday, October 22
- Thanksgiving Break - No School - Wednesday, November 24 through Friday, November 26
- Winter Break - No School - Monday, December 20 through Friday, December 31
- MLK Day - No School - Monday, January 17
- Presidents' Day - No School - Monday, February 21
- District Staff Professional Development - No School - Friday, February 25
- Spring Break - No School - Friday, March 25 through Friday, April 1
- Seniors Last Day - Thursday, May 26 (waive final exams) or Friday, May 27 (take final exams)
- Memorial Day - No School - Monday, May 30
- Graduation Day - Sunday, June 5 - 3 p.m. in the MHS Fieldhouse or Football Stadium
- Last Day of School (Half Day) - Wednesday, June 8
The link above provides you with the ability to request transcripts through Parchment. Transcripts requested online are sent securely to the colleges, universities, or scholarship funds that you select.
You may track your request online, and you will also receive an email notification when we approve your transcript request, and again when your transcript is mailed (or delivered electronically based on the delivery preference of the destination that you selected).
Click on the link below for a work permit. The first section of the permit is to be completed by the student. The employer will complete section two. Once both sections are complete, you can scan and email a copy to Mrs. DeKett at email@example.com for certification.
Senior Yearbook Information
- Class of 2022 Senior Portrait Information
- Class of 2022 Senior Photo Release
- Class of 2022 Senior Recognition Ads (Senior Salute)
Yearbook Ordering Information
Yearbooks will be available to order online only at www.jostensyearbooks.com. The "Back to School" sale price will be $74.20 and will include FREE icons (with the purchase of one line of personalization). After September 17, the price jumps to $84.80. Please be sure to take advantage of this savings.
- Medication Form (Prescription)
- Medication Form (Non-Prescription)
- Medication Form (Authorization for the Possession & Use of Asthma Inhalers, Epi-Pens
News & Notes
Mason High School Press Release
Please join us in congratulating the students listed below in the MHS Press Release. We celebrate with them today for their hard work and academic success!
Band Drumline and Color Guard Clinic
New Administration & Teaching Staff at MHS - 2021/2022
Mrs. Tara Becker-Utess has been hired to be Mason High School’s new Assistant Principal. After graduating from Western Michigan University, she taught math and social studies at Charlotte High School for nine years. She has spent the last seven years as the math and social studies consultant for Ingham ISD. She has a Masters in Curriculum and Teaching from Michigan State. She is excited to join the amazing staff at Mason High School.Tara enjoys spending time with her husband and four-year old daughter. They love being outside, exploring new parks, cheering on the WMU Broncos, and spending time with their extended family.
Mr. Rhett Ried has been hired to teach Social Studies at Mason High School. Rhett has a B.A. in Geography/GIS from Central Michigan University and a Post B.A. in Education from Spring Arbor University. Rhett has taught secondary Social Studies for the past 12 years at Laingsburg Community Schools and prior to teaching worked in Geographic Information Systems. Rhett is a proud graduate of Mason High School class of 1989 and excited to be a part of the Bulldog family once again.
Ms. Hilary Schroeder has been hired at Mason High School as a Social Studies teacher. Ms. Schroeder is a MHS graduate (2015) and is also a graduate of Spring Arbor University (2019). She began her career at Fulton Public Schools where she spent two years teaching at the middle and high school levels. Ms. Schroeder is thrilled to return to her community and be surrounded by such a warm and welcoming staff. When not at work, Ms. Schroeder spends much of her time either with her goldendoodle Lexie, watching the National Women’s Soccer League (Go Reign!), or baking sweet treats. She is best known for her lemon flavored cake balls which have been a fan favorite at the Okemos Home Depot where she has also been known to mix paint. Ms. Schroeder would disappoint her family if she did not give a shout out to M.S.U. by saying “GO GREEN”.
Lifetouch Picture Retake Day Information
Orders for Retake Day may be placed online as early as 4 weeks before the picture day on Friday, November 5. The picture day EVENT ID listed in flyer below, will not actually be active on the Lifetouch website until on or around October 5. For questions concerning orders, please go to mylifetouch.com.
Optional Fall State Testing at Mason High School
Mason High School will be offering OPTIONAL PSAT 8/9, PSAT/NMSQT, and SAT (No Essay) this FALL for any interested students. This test will be provided to your student at no cost. All students are eligible to take the test, even if the student tested this past spring. Please note that ALL students will be required to take the state tests in the Spring of 2022.
- October 26th: PSAT/NMSQT will be offered to 10th and 11th graders
- October 27th: PSAT 8/9 will be offered to 9th graders
- October 28th: SAT (no Essay) will be offered to 12th graders
If you would like your student to take this test, please click on the link included below and complete the form, no later than, Friday, September 10. After we have received all the registrations, we will confirm at a later date with a follow-up email outlining details for test day.
PaperGator Recycling Program
Did you know that our school participates in a paper-recycling program called PaperGator Recycling? Recycle all of your paper products and earn funds for our school. Drop offs can be made anytime. Our PaperGator bin is located at the southeast end of the school near the baseball field.
Thank you for your continued support of our school.