1001 S. Barnes St.
Mason, MI 48854
Phone: (517) 676-9055
Fax: (517) 244-6412
The link above provides you with the ability to request transcripts through Parchment. Transcripts requested online are sent securely to the colleges, universities, or scholarship funds that you select.
You may track your request online, and you will also receive an email notification when we approve your transcript request, and again when your transcript is mailed (or delivered electronically based on the delivery preference of the destination that you selected).
Mason High School News & Notes
Welcome to the Mason High School website. The News and Notes section highlights our upcoming events. In addition to this information, please join us on Facebook and Twitter for more information.
Calendar Dates of Interest for 2019-20
- Parent Teacher Conferences - Tuesday, January 14 & Thursday, January 16 (4:30-7 p.m.)
- No School - Teacher Professional Development - Monday, January 20
- Winter Dance - MHS Cafeteria - Saturday, February 1 (7 p.m.)
- Student Membership Count Day - Wednesday, February 12
- No School - Monday, February 17
- Half Days - Second Trimester Final Exams - Thursday, March 5 & Friday, March 6
- Indoles Festival (Talent Show) - MHS Auditorium - Friday, March 20 & Saturday, March 21 (7 p.m.)
- No School - Spring Break - Friday, April 3 - Friday, April 10
- Parent/Teacher Conferences - Tuesday, April 21 & Thursday, April 23 (4:30-7 p.m.)
- Spring Musical - MHS Auditorium - Thursday, April 30 - Saturday, May 2 (7 p.m.)
- Prom - Eagle Eye Golf Course - Friday, May 8 (7 p.m.)
- Academic Assembly - MHS Fieldhouse - Tuesday, May 19 (12-1:00 p.m.)
- Senior Party - MHS Cafeteria - Tuesday, May 19 (1:00-2:45 p.m.)
- Senior Honors Night (Invitation Only) - MHS Auditorium - Tuesday, May 19 (7 p.m.)
- Last Day for Seniors (Exams Waived) - Thursday, May 21
- Last Day for Seniors (Exams) - Friday, May 22
- No School - Memorial Day - Friday, May 25
- Commencement Rehearsal - MHS Fieldhouse - Thursday, May 28 (10 a.m.)
- Baccalaureate Ceremony - MHS Auditorium - Thursday, May 28 (7 p.m.)
- Class of 2020 Commencement Ceremony - MHS Fieldhouse - Sunday, May 31 (3 p.m.)
- Third Trimester Final Exams - Thursday, June 4 & Friday, June 5
- Last Day of School (Half Day) - Friday, June 5
Michigan Center for Civic Education "We the People" Showcase
On Friday, January 10, the students in Mrs. Linda Pierce's AP US Government and Politics class traveled to Lansing, to participate in the Michigan Center For Civic Education "We the People" Showcase, in simulated congressional hearings. Ten schools from around Michigan participated, with each school judged by a panel of lawyers, professors, and policymakers, that listened to presentations and asked the students questions about the historical and philosophical roots of the Constitution.
The top scoring group from Mason High School was Group 3, whose overarching theme was, "How has the Constitution Been Changed to Further the Ideals Contained in the Declaration of Independence?" Group 3 earned a fourth place finish. Congratulations to Gracie Baker, Nicholas Bass, Elayna Cady, Max Cook, Allison Doneth and Alex Mathews!
Enroll Now! Lansing Community College Youth Courses in Mason
Through a first-of-its-kind pilot partnership with Lansing Community College (L.C.C.), Mason students in grades 2-12 can participate in afterschool L.C.C. Youth Enrichment Classes at the Harvey Education Center, Middle School, and High School. To learn more about course offerings, cost, scholarships, times, locations, and transportation please visit: http://bit.ly/LCC-Mason
ZAPS Focused Test Prep - Reserve a Space for Your Student Today!
Recognition of our Class of 2020 Graduating Seniors
Senior Reminders & Information
Deadline to order graduation cap & gowns at the discounted rate is January 1, 2020. At this time, you will need to complete your order the following ways:
Online at www.highschool.herffjones.com
By phone: 1-866-238-5336
By mail: 217 West Main St., Potterville, MI 48876
If you have questions or concerns regarding orders, please email: email@example.com
Please note: the Cap & Gown Unit will include a tassel. You do not need to order another memory tassel or ice tassel at an additional cost, unless you wish to do so.
Senior & Baby Pictures for COMMENCEMENT slideshow:
1. Digital submission to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Due date is April 15, 2020
November Student of the Month Nominees
If you need to pick up your child while school is in session, please kindly give our office advance notice of at least 30 minutes, if at all possible.
Students must always "Sign In and Out" when entering or exiting the school during instruction time.
All student drivers need to have their vehicles registered with a 2019-20 Parking Permit. The price for first-time drivers is $15. Return drivers have an opportunity to pay $15 through the month of September. On October 1, the price for return drivers will increase to $25.
Yearbook Sales – Discount ends September 30 – Price increases to $80.00 on October 1
Senior Portraits – Due November 1 - Click on the link below in the "Quick Links" for more information
***Important*** Student Drop-off/Pick-up Procedure
All student drop-off/pick-up (before and after school) is to take place in the South Student Parking Lot (facing the football field). The West (Staff Lot in front of school) is for parking only. The service road in front of the school is for busses only. The service road in front of the building is a one-way road flowing from South to North.
PaperGator – New Paper Recycling Program
Did you know that our school participates in a paper-recycling program called PaperGator Recycling? Recycle all of your newspapers, catalogs/magazines, junk mail, phone books, office/school paper, and hard/soft cover books and earn funds for our school. Drop off can be made anytime at Mason High School in the PaperGator bin (located in the south side parking lot, near door #29). Please do not include plastic, metal, trash, glass, cardboard, or paperboard. Paper only please.
Thank you for your continued support of this important fundraising effort.
Ele's Goup at Mason High School
Ele’s Group, a grief support group for students who have experienced the death of a family member or close friend, will be offered during the school day, once a week, beginning this fall. Students will have the opportunity to talk about their feelings and experiences with others who understand, participate in a variety of hands on activities, and learn positive coping skills. We have limited space, preference will be given to the first students who return the permission slip (link below). Permission slips can be returned to the counseling office or emailed to email@example.com