Elementary Teacher Assignments
Teacher Assignments will be viewable on Skyward Family Access on Friday, August 16, 2019.
Middle and High School Freshman Scheduling
Student schedules will be viewable on Skyward Family Access no later than August 16, 2019.
Elementary Classroom Supply Lists
Elementary principals and teachers have developed basic grade level supply lists. AFTER the release of teacher assignments on August 16th, individual teachers may request additional items with their welcome message.
Transportation Routing Information
In order to provide service to all MPS students, transportation routing is updated by Friday, August 16th. Individual Routing Information will be determined by Monday, August 19th. Click here to visit the Transportation page for additional information.
The 2019-2020 District Calendars
Calendars for all four elementary buildings, the middle school, and high school are linked below.
Please make note of Late Start Wednesdays. Teachers and administrators meet on Wednesday mornings for Professional Learning Communities [PLCs]. Classes on Late Start Wednesdays begin one hour later and bus routes are adjusted to pick up students one hour later. Click here for additional information regarding PLCs.
Back to School Open Houses
Elementary Open Houses:
- Alaiedon, North Aurelius, and Steele Elementary open houses for grades 1-5 are scheduled on Wednesday, September 4, 2019, from 6:00-7:00 p.m. (This event will not be held in August this year due to construction at Alaiedon and North Aurelius.)
- Kindergarten open house at the Harvey Education Center - the date has not been determined - please check back!
Middle School Open House is scheduled on Tuesday, August 20, 2019, from 5:00-7:00 p.m.
High School Orientation Day - the date has not been determined - please check back!
Handbooks for all four elementary buildings, the middle school, and high school are linked below.
Mason Public Schools serves breakfast, lunch and offers free and reduced meal programs. Please click here for more information.
Online enrollment is the first step to starting your Kindergarten through 12th grade child at Mason Public Schools. Families interested in enrolling their child in Pre-school should contact Child Development Services at 517-676-6528.
Registration for the 2019-2020 school year:
- For Kindergarten: Registration opens February 1st.
- For Grades 1-12: Enrollment begins on May 6th.
Please review all FAQs before beginning the process.
Kindergarten registration is open - register now for Fall 2019! Families will need to present a certified copy of their child's birth certificate to the building secretary. A proof of residence and the child's immunization record may be uploaded to the registration submission or presented to the building secretary. For additional information regarding Mason Public Schools Kindergarten programming, please visit the Harvey Education Center webpage.
Where do I begin?
After reviewing all FAQ's:
Families with students already enrolled in the district should log into Skyward Family Access
Families new to the district should select the NEW FAMILY LINK. This will create a Skyward Family Access account.
How do I complete the enrollment?
It is important to list the student’s father as the first guardian (if applicable) and the student’s mother as the second guardian. Skyward will recognize the family and link all the children in the family.
What documents are required for enrolling my child?
All student enrollments require the following:
- An original, certified Birth Certificate – this must be presented to the building secretary or registrar before the child can start school.
- Immunization Record – this may be scanned and uploaded to the registration or presented to the building secretary/registrar.
- Proof of Residence - this may be scanned and uploaded to the registration or presented to the building secretary/registrar.
- For a detailed list, click here
- High school students will need to present a copy of their transcript. For more information regarding transcripts, contact the High School Registrar at email@example.com
- Students receiving services through Special Education will need to present a copy of the child’s most recent IEP.
- Custody agreements
Students with Special Needs
Before enrolling, please contact the Office of Special Education if your student had any special services in the past. Services would include: Speech and Language, Social Work, Special Education Classes, OT/PT.
- Special Education Office
- Sue Patterson, Secretary for Special Education
If the student's night residence is a following:
- In a Shelter
- In a Hotel/ Motel
- In a Car
- At a campsite
- Living with a friend, relative or someone else because they lost their home or can't afford one.
For families with unusual circumstances including establishing residency, guardianship, homelessness, and general questions, please contact:.
- Jodi Somerville, District Registrar & Homeless Liaison
- (517) 676-6490
School of Choice and Non-Resident Students – What’s the difference?
SOC - The School of Choice window opens on June 1st with applications due, by the close of business, on June 15th. Once approved, a SOC student is enrolled in Mason Public Schools through graduation, with no additional paperwork required.
NR – Non-Resident families may enroll, at any time, with placement granted if space is available. A family seeking Non-Resident enrollment would need to contact the superintendent’s office, from the district in which they reside, for a release. The release is limited for one school year and families must request a new release each year. Non-Resident families may apply for SOC during the application window.
Please contact Jodi Somerville for additional information: firstname.lastname@example.org
How long does the enrollment process take?
During the school year: At a minimum, 72 hours. Your child’s application will be reviewed and assigned to a building for processing. The building secretary/registrar will contact you regarding required documentation and a projected start date.
During the summer: All applications will be reviewed and assigned to a building for processing. Parent/guardians may present required documents to:
201 W. Ash Street, Suite 2A
Mason, MI 48854
Summer Hours: The administration offices are open Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Building secretaries/registrars return from summer break in August and will begin processing enrollment applications. You should expect contact no later than August 16th.
For additional assistance for questions regarding enrollment you may contact:
- Jodi Somerville email@example.com 517-676-2484
- Becky Hinman firstname.lastname@example.org 517-676-2484
We are looking forward to serving the educational needs of your child. This is a very exciting time at Mason Public Schools, visit our Bond Projects webpage for updates!