Our Evening multi meal distribution at the MS and HS ended Thursday, June 3rd, 2021. We have had a very long successful run and are very thankful to everyone who came out and helped with this process over the past 15 months. If families are still in need of these meals during the summer and not attending summer school, they can check out the Meet Up and Eat Up website and search for food sites. http://www.michigan.gov/MeetUpEatUp
We will continue to feed our Summer School Level Up students a free breakfast and free lunch each day they are in session. We will also be able to provide Kids Club House attendees with free breakfast and free lunch each day they are in session.
- Summer School Week 1 & 2 Lunch Menu
- Summer School Week 3 & 4 Lunch Menu
- Summer School Week 5 & 6 Lunch Menu
- Summer School Week 7 & 8 Lunch Menu
- High School Summer School Week 1 & 2 Lunch Menu
- High School Summer School Week 3 & 4 Lunch Menu
- High School Summer School Week 5 & 6 Lunch Menu
- High School Summer School Week 7 & 8 Lunch Menu
2021/2022 SCHOOL YEAR
The USDA has extended free meals through the 2021/2022 school year for ALL students. They will continue reimbursing schools for free meals to all students regardless of their income through the 2021-2022 school year. This will allow us to continue to serve our students each day like we have been doing this school year. What is covered in this program is one reimbursable meal per student (at breakfast and lunch time). At the secondary level a la carte options and second main entrees will be at a charge for students and not covered in this program. Families that are receiving state benefits should still fill out a Free and Reduced application for the 2021/2022 school year so that the Food Service office has it on file in the event the state asks for the information. Please see the link below for the application and guide to filling it out.
- Middle School A La Carte Pricing 2019-20
- High School A La Carte Pricing 2019-20
- High School: $3.00 Full Pay, $0.40 Reduced, Free is Free
- Middle School: $3.00 Full Pay, $0.40 Reduced, Free is Free
- Elementary Schools: $2.75 Full Pay, $0.40 Reduced, Free is Free
- High School: $2.00 Full Pay, $0.30 Reduced, Free is Free. Breakfast served 7:00am – 7:45am
- Middle School: $2.00 Full Pay, $0.30 Reduced, Free is Free. Breakfast served 7:30am – 7:45am
- Elementary Schools: $1.75 Full Pay, $0.30 Reduced, Free is Free
- Alaiedon breakfast 8:25am – 8:50am
- North Aurelius breakfast: 8:20am – 9:00am
- Steele breakfast: 8:25am – 8:40am
Free & Reduced Meal Program
- Applications must be filled out completely. Please read it carefully and fill in ALL information as asked for. Applications will not be processed until the form has all information boxes filled out.
- Benefits do not start until the application has been processed by the Food Service Office and you are notified.
- Free & Reduced Lunch applications can be submitted anytime during the school year as the need arises. Please see below on how to apply. Menus and Ala Carte pricing are posted in all school cafeterias.
How to Apply
- You must complete a paper Free & Reduced Meal Program Application (PDF file).Completed applications must be returned to the school at:
- Mason Food Service Office
- 1001 S. Barnes St.
- Mason, MI 48854
- For further information please download our Instructions (PDF file) and Frequently Asked Questions (PDF file) documents.
- Students who qualify for Meal Assistance must take Full or “Combo Meals." Learn more about the Guidelines for a Full Meal (PDF file).
- Family finance is a very personal matter and your application will be handled with confidentiality and respect. Students receiving meal benefits are not identified in the service line. Our Point of Sale software protects the identity and privacy of students. All students use the same service line and the computer screen does not indicate which students are free or reduced-price. Free and Reduce-price meals are provided with federal tax dollars. The school district does not subsidize meals to students who qualify. Mason Public Schools, Food and Nutrition Services processes all applications, and determines eligibility using federal income guidelines and following federal regulations.
e~Funds for Schools Electronic Payments
- Parents, guardians, and others can now make payments for childrens' meals and high school athletics using e~Funds for Schools.
- You must register for an e~Funds for Schools account in order to use this service. When asked in the registration process to enter a Family Number, enter your 10-digit phone number with no parentheses or dashes (for example, 5175551234). After entering your phone number, please click on the Add button.
- Please contact the district's IT Department at 517-676-6516 if you have any problems setting up your e~Funds for Schools account.
- Payments can be made by an electronic withdrawal from your checking account, savings account or debit card, or charged to your credit card.
- e~Funds for Schools charges a small fee for processing your payments. Payments made from a checking or savings account will incur a fee of $1.00 per transaction. Payments made using a debit or credit card will incur a fee of $1.00 per transaction plus 1.99% of the amount paid.
- For checking accounts and savings accounts, the payment must be posted by 9:30 a.m. to be credited for the same day. Credit card and debit card payments must be posted by 11:00 p.m. the day prior to its posting. Any payments after these times will not be posted until the following business day.
- Food service and High School Athletics accounts are set up as family accounts. Therefore, payments will be applied based on your family arrangement. Unless otherwise designated, payments can be applied to any student in the family, which will allow other siblings to have access to the funds. You can check you family food service balance through your Skyward Family Access account.
- Please call 517-676-6529 or stop by the Food Service office located in the high school for assistance if you have any questions regarding your food service account.
- Please call 517-676-6535 or stop by the Athletics office located in the high school for assistance if you have any questions regarding the payment of athletics fees.
- District Strategic Plan