Summer Learning Opportunities
The 2021 LEVEL UP Summer Learning Experience is FREE for all current students attending Mason Public Schools in Young 5s/kindergarten through grade 8. The summer's themes include:
Habitats are Hip Camp: Let’s explore the natural world around us and be like an animal. We will discover the critters hiding in plain sight! Find out which species are on the prowl, which is clever in the way they escape, and how all the living things are connected in their natural habitats.
Robofun Camp: Using a hands-on approach to learning, students will build and program robots, learning to creatively problem-solve along the way. Children work with their own ideas and move from concept to testing their actual prototype! Robots are created using LEGO, custom bots and art material allowing children to explore their creativity.
Mason Public Schools is partnering with Davenport University to offer a course called FUSE this summer to Mason High School students. FUSE introduces high school students to what it’s like to be a teacher. Students learn about science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) disciplines through modules designed to engage students in local problems (e.g. water pollution, overpopulation, urban farming, etc.) by utilizing engineering and scientific principles. Students then create lessons and activities which they will use to teach middle school students on four occasions throughout the summer through the LEVEL UP program. Upon successful completion of this course, high school students will be awarded half of an elective credit.
Kids Read Now
Mason Public Schools is thrilled to announce the Kids Read Now (KRN) summer reading program is happening again this summer. Kids Read Now is a non-profit program designed to include best practices for reading engagement and growth. We are delighted to partner and provide a high-quality reading program throughout the summer. Kids Read Now will be mailing materials home to students in grades K-4. These materials will give families everything they need to know about the program. Students in grades K-4, have selected eight books during his/her library time and eight books plus a bonus ninth writing book will be sent home over the summer.
Khan Academy is a great way for students to build and maintain skills over the summer! Please follow these how-to documents that walk students through the process of setting up accounts using Clever.
Distance & Hybrid Learning: 2020-21 School Year
M.P.S. Technology Help Desk (for Parents and Staff)
Distance Learning & In-Person FAQs
Preparing for Distance Learning
- Zoom “How To’s” Quick Links for Teachers
- Zoom “How To’s” Quick Links for Parents / Students
- Zoom for Students & Families
- Zoom Meeting For Education Recorded Webinar (Students and Teachers)
- Zoom Login Page for Students and Staff
- Preparing for Distance Learning - Created by Mason Parents / Guardians and Students
- Setting up a Workspace for Distance Learning
Preparing for In-Person Instruction
Parent Videos for Supporting Reading at Home for K - 2 Students
Technology Training Resources for Students and Families
K - 5 Grade Level Learning Hubs
Secondary Learning Hubs
Cloud Service Status for Curriculum and Other District Supported Online Platforms
- Google G Suite (Classroom, Docs, Slides, Meet, e.c.t.)
- McGraw Hill - Wonders, WonderWorks, StudySync, U.S. History: Early Ages, and U.S. History: Modern Times
- H.M.H. - Go Math!, World Civilizations, and World History
- Illuminate Education
- Information for Students and 2020-2021 Enrollment
- Reimaging and Reopening Schools Committee Information
- Mason Board of Education Approves C.O.V.I.D. -19 Preparedness and Response Plan - 8/10/20
- Distance Learning Presentation
- Special Education Update